This position has been filled.
This Research Assistant(RA) position will be part of the ENIGMA scientific focus area, a collaborative effort to understand the environmental impact of microbial communities. The successful candidate will perform routine microbiological work supporting ongoing projects on isolating and characterizing environmental microbes from soil, sediment and groundwater.
- Work on microbial assignments mainly focusing on isolation of bacteria from environmental samples
- Perform repetitive procedures such as media preparation, chemical stocks preparation, extracting DNA.
- Maintain microbial cultures and freezer stocks.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed laboratory notebook of all work performed.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness of the work area and a safe and productive work area for research.
- Maintain inventory, organize and order lab supplies.